I decided to try this out as an experiment and it turned out great! I brought them on a camping trip and they were gone in a flash.
If you like banana bread, you will love these “cookies”. They are oil free, sugar free, and full of fiber and whole plants.
Banana Bread Cookies
- 2 cups oat flour
- 4 bananas very ripe
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger ground
- ⅓ tsp nutmeg I grind mine fresh
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or more!
- If you are making your own oat flour, grind it in a high speed blender (vitamix or other).
- Mix the oat flour, spices, and baking powder together. I use my food processor (Cusinart).
- Add bananas and mix until smooth. Again, the food processor works great.
- Drop onto a non-stick or parchment covered baking sheet. I use about 2 tablespoons, but as noted above, you can make them bigger or smaller.
- Cook in 350° F oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and enjoy. Try not to eat them all at once 🙂