Cuban Style Roasted Garbanzos (Chickpeas)
This is a healthy snack and excellent when camping or going in the great outdoors.
- 3 cups garbanzo beans (chickpeas) cooked or a 28 oz can (drained)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp Spanish paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine all the spices in a bowl and mix (or do as I did and put them in a ziploc bag and shake).
- Combine spices and garbanzos and shake to coat all the beans with the spices. Again, I used a 1 gallon zip lock bag.
- Put them on a cookie sheet or other pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then shake to turn them over as best you can.
- Bake for another 30 minutes until crispy, but not burned!
- Let them cool down and enjoy!