Instant Pot Lentils
A very easy, but oh so tasty and healthy lentil recipe. This is quite thick so you can add water or broth to make a soup if you feel like it.
- Instant Pot
- 1/2 onion, large chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 med carrot
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup lentils rinsed
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 14.5 ounce
- salt if wanted
- Set an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker on the sauté setting and allow it to heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently and adding water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to prevent sticking. Add the celery, carrot, and garlic; cook for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Press the cooker’s “Cancel” button, then stir in 3 cups of water plus the tomatoes and lentils.
- Lock the cooker’s lid in place, adjust the setting to “Manual,” and cook for 20 minutes. Let it stand to release pressure naturally, at least 10 minutes. If necessary, carefully open the steam vent to release any remaining pressure. Open lid carefully. Stir in the parsley, salt, and pepper.