Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
These are great muffins. Plant based, no oil
- 4 dates large, pitted and soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup almond milk or other nut milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2¼ cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt or omit
- 1½ cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line your muffin tin with liners.
- Add the almond milk and lemon juice to a small bowl. Mix and set aside for now.
- Place the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground flax, and salt into your stand mixer or bowl and mix until combined.
- Drain and discard the date water and transfer the dates to your blender (hi speed blender is best). Add the almond milk/lemon mixture, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the liquid to your dry ingredients.
- Add the lemon zest and poppy seeds and mix on low (or by hand). Be careful not to over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin liners. I used an ice cream scoop to make measuring easier.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool before eating!